Kaichou wa Maid-sama 会長はメイド様

Labels: , | 0 comments»

The year so far hasn't been too exciting for me, where dramas are concerned. I've stopped HK dramas for a while, so did the slow-down in TW/JP/KR dramas follow. My new found obsession:

Title: Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Year: 2 Apr 2010 - ongoing
Opening Theme: 
My Secret by Saaya Mizuno
Ending Theme: 
Yokan (予感) by Heidi 
∞ Loop (∞ ループ) by Heidi

Official Website




I was never truly an anime fan, but of late due to the lack of good drama titles to watch, my attention has been channeled to this genre of TV. Somehow not totally irrelevant too, as a lot of TW/JP/KR drama hits are manga/anime adaptations as well! So what about Maid Sama caught my eye? I was first drawn to this anime, due to its humour and kawaii factor. BUT the driving force behind my interest was the very suave prince charming lead, Usui Takumi - is every girl's fantasy of "knight in shining armour". Here's further bits of information about the anime for your read:

Kaichō wa Maid-sama! (会長はメイド様! The Student Council President is a Maid!) is a 2010 anime series based on the shōjo manga series of the same name by Hiro Fujiwara.

The story is about Misaki Ayuzawa, the intelligent, albeit short-tempered, and hardworking Student Council President of Seika High School who has turned her once all-boys now co-ed school from a very dirty, undisciplined school to a clean, proper school for the girls learning there. This has most of the male student populace fearing her as a boy hating, head strong disciplinarian while the teachers and female student populace see her as their shining hope and hero. However, unknown to the school, she secretly works part-time at a maid cafe in order to support her family.

Unfortunately, her secret is found out by Takumi Usui, a boy at her school who she finds annoying due to his odd attitude yet is well liked by the girls at their school as he is good-looking, smart, and is one of the few "good boys" of Seika High School. Despite her fears, he doesn't reveal her secret to the school but instead takes an interest of her. What follows is the growing relationship and eventually, romance between Misaki and Usui.

(Source: Wiki)

At this, I wanted to express my gladness over having such a big anime community out there that allowed me to find out more about this series and the episodes that I've missed. I'm totally on track with Maid Sama now, so if there's anything you would like to discuss - feel free!

Oh! By the way if you're keen to follow and live in Singapore, you can catch Maid Sama on Cable TV Animax Channel 532, Sundays 8:30pm and same night repeat at 12mn.

0 Responses to "Kaichou wa Maid-sama 会長はメイド様" (Leave A Comment)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...