光阴的故事 Epilogue

Labels: | 1 comments»

Over the past few days, I was fanatically playing catch up with whatever bits I've missed of the drama. I must emphasize how immensely I have enjoyed this drama - that I could watch and re-watch it over and over again without getting bored. It is a star in a league of its own.

So what is it that I liked so much?


Themes. Themes that are very real and relatable, that tugs our heart strings even as today. It also reminds me of values that should not be forgotten.

Plot. Directed in a narrative manner, the story nicely unfolds and moulds each character. In the course of the story told, there are many impressionable quotes. I particularly liked how the story of the leading pairs developed around meaningful quotes like "想要得到幸福,就要先懂得付出" for the case of Xu Yiyuan and Sun Yimei. And for Wang Qianqian and Tao Fubang, it is "错过就是为了要遇见对的". At the end, the story is nicely wrapped like a drama within a drama, told through the script of Sun Yimei. "这是一段美丽的故事,一段属于光阴的故事。故事里面的每一个人都是主角,缺一不可..."

Characters. Well-casted and believable. Not too glitzy nor glamorous.

These 3 fused together made it a winning formula.


Parting note:

"这也是你家的故事,这是成千上万 陶復邦和孙一美的故事。
这是光阴的故事,也是你和我的故事。"

1 comments:

queeniemad says
8/24/11, 8:06 PM

I love this drama too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...