我可能不會愛你 ITWY Ep 6 1/3

Labels: , , | 0 comments»

To me, this episode continues the build on missed moments, missed moments due to hesitations, missed moments between Da Ren and You Qing, between Da Ren's mum and Uncle Bai. It just difficult to single out any one best scene above the rest. So here are the significant bits by my interpretation - I'm covering them in parts.

(via ITWY FB)
The episode opens with You Qing being distracted at the paranoia of bumping in Ding Li Wei as she wants to be looking her best if she bumps into him, to prove she's doing well without him. So distracted that she dropped her boss' ring into the coffee without realizing. The next day, she decided to pour away the overnight coffee away.
YQ: 丁立威就像忘了喝的隔夜咖啡。還是別喝它好了 有害無益。Ding Li Wei is like overnight coffee. I'd better not drink as there's more harm than good.
Who knows, she found the ring!
Boss: 鑽石就是鑽石。泡了一夜的咖啡,它還是鑽石。妳拿結婚證書來泡泡看,泡一夜早就稀巴爛了。 。 。所以我離婚了。當我發現那個結婚戒指我已經戴不太下去的時候,我就知道會有這麼一天。這是我的犒賞,對於「我的勇敢」 的紀念品。Diamonds are diamonds. Having soaked in coffee all night, it's still a diamond. Try soaking a marriage certificate, it'd rot. That's why I am divorced! When I realised the ring no longer fits, I knew this day would come. This is my reward for my courage.

YQ: 不過它真的很勇敢。泡了一夜的咖啡 還是這麼燦爛。
It (the ring) is indeed very brave. It is still so bright after being soaked the night in coffee.
Interpretation: You Qing is as the diamond, bright and sparkly, despite having been through a rough patch with Ding Li Wei, whom she establishes as overnight coffee (gone bad). I thought the writer cleverly uses the ring and marriage cert as metaphors to relate the weakness of relationship built on materialism too. Not being able to withstand the test of time, it would end up like the cert soaked in overnight waters. On the other hand the diamond ring that remained is a reward rather than a momento, as the woman is able to step out of the past and shine in her regained confidence and independence. That is also why the scene was later wrapped up with YQ wanting a diamond ring of her own as a testament that "I'm good alone too".

Edit: Or perhaps...! Da Ren is compared to the Diamond in this chapter. ;)
I just love the ample of room for interpretation in this drama.

0 Responses to "我可能不會愛你 ITWY Ep 6 1/3" (Leave A Comment)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...