我可能不會愛你 ITWY [epilogue]

Labels: , , , , | 0 comments»

In Time With You - Happily ever after. :)

It's really bad timing that the drama had to air at my busiest time at work, so the lack of updates here as I could barely squeeze out enough time to complete each episode weekly. The series ended last week in Taiwan -- I promise I'll be doing some catch up writing on this site soon as I can spare time. I really loved it and self-declare this as Drama of the Year 2011. I believe I'm now suffering from some mild post withdrawal symptoms.

The goodness of this drama:

It sells on every girl's wish to have the ideal guy in their lives -- a thoughtful, caring and ever patient Li Da Ren as good friend and lover whom they can confide in and have endless topics to talk about. As I would repeatedly exclaim over and over - "OMG, that Takeshi-Kaneshiro-lookalike-at-angles guy with cute little dimples and a smile that makes you weak in your knees!"

You Qing's strong character is role model to the modern working woman in most of us. As proud and independent as she is on the outside though, she still needs the support of Da Ren to mirror and constantly remind of her strengths and weaknesses that she may not be actually aware of; she still enjoys being showered with love and affection which is why she crumbles at Ding Li Wei's constant advances.

Maggie, though I found her to be whiny and too sticky for my liking during her courtship days with Da Ren, the merits of her being reminds us that we should sometimes be pro-active in pursuit of the things we like (be it love, but more of ideals).

Then there is Ding Li Wei, an exact opposite of Da Ren. I thought the director was trying to project the stereotype guy that girls tend to look for - aggressive, ambitious, romantic and not to mention infidel! His role in the drama didn't strike a cord in me, but I'm glad they have cast him that his assets (good physique and the ABC accent) value added to the role he played.

Do you see a Cheng You Qing, Li Da Ren, Maggie or Ding Li Wei in yourself or amongst the friends around you? Bingo! To me, that's what taken this drama from reel to real. And of course, the very good script that weaves everything nicely together!

PS: Singapore fans, don't forget to catch the 2-episode finale on SH Cable TV this weekend. Hmm, I might just rewatch given that I've withdrawals to nurse... You? ;)

0 Responses to "我可能不會愛你 ITWY [epilogue]" (Leave A Comment)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...