爱似百汇 Love Buffet - After thoughts

Labels: , | 0 comments»

I've long finished Love Buffet with its end of telecast in Taiwan, this is what I think:

The show was cute, cute, cute, cute, with a not too cute end. When a drama's ending is not as desired, we would tune off in disappointment. That was what happened with Love Buffet and I. I skipped much the last episode - actually fast forwarded parts eagerly to find out the ending then play catch up on the details later. But upon the ending, catch up never happened.

The drama is about Xiaofeng (Reen) flipping back and forth with her love complex. Perhaps it's irrationality at their teenage age... Or perhaps the drama is out to tell us that it's better to be loved than to love. Regardless, I was left confused about the message the director wants to convey, by having Xiaofeng end up with Daye (Calvin), when the opportunity was right there for her to end up with Ahyi (Aaron) whom she seemed to have more feelings for. I'm totally unbiased about Farenheit, but I just don't see feelings between Daye and Xiaofeng as much as the other pair. Xiaofeng may want to keep love simple and happy, which I think she can find with Ahyi too? So I just can't subscribe to the ending. This puts the drama down a notch for me.

Oh well, my own unwritten conclusion of the drama would be that Daye is not her final destination and probably just puppy love! Now I'm back to terms of my original stand of this being a juvenile drama. Juvenile but still cute to watch.
1 of 3 popcorns. :)

0 Responses to "爱似百汇 Love Buffet - After thoughts" (Leave A Comment)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...