Cried over a cad!

Labels: , | 2 comments»


Just finished watching The Fierce Wife 犀利人妻. A simple plot well-executed makes it a very good drama - it would probably win drama of the year in the coming Golden Bell Awards! I must admit though, that I skipped a good half of this drama.

I was watching random episodes in the first half and didn't want to play catch-up when I actually started to follow the The Fierce Wife.  I thought it was just the average drama, just good enough to sustain my interest. My point of view has changed drastically since, and eventually got hooked.

After all, when was the last you cried over the cad/villian of a drama? At the point when Ruifan asked Anzhen for another opportunity to patch back and got rejected, other than the usual feeling triumph, there was a tug of sadness that moved me at the same time. It is the same when Wei-en wakes up to her problem and repents that she must have had the forgiveness of the viewers too. It is precisely this kind of feeling that made this show so simple, realistic yet attractive, just like Sonia's role in the drama too.

And of course, the ending that us viewers have been hoping for, of Tianwei and Anzhen to be together, has been fulfilled. It doesn't feel rushed, though condensed in the last episode; and was rather well thought out on how Tianwei moved Anzhen through words in his travel column in the process of 1 year.

I love the cast too. None too star-studded, yet their acting is convincing to a point where I can't decide if it's the storyline that brings out their acting or the other way round. I particularly liked Sonia Tang's act - coupled with her natural beauty, she's definitely found a place in my list of must watch actresses. And not to mention the beautiful songs, which fast became hits due to the show's popularity.

Everything just seem to fall into place and unfold so nicely in this drama. It's just Fierce, as the title speaks! Many thumbs up! You've gotta watch it if you haven't.

2 Responses to "Cried over a cad!" (Leave A Comment)

queeniemad says
8/24/11, 8:15 PM

I also skipped the first half of the show, was watching bits and pieces till the episode of revelation for Anzhen, the one that she finally realized that she had lost Ruifan.

Then I play catchup on the earlier episodes.
I was also torn at the end, part of me wanted Anzhen to be back with Ruifan cos they are just so good together, the other part of me want Anzhen not to go back to him ever cos he let her down in the worst way.

Have you watched the other show starring James Wen and Sonia Sui as a couple, Happy Times of That Year? It's also very good!

thefangirl says
8/27/11, 12:52 AM

hi queeniemad, nice to have you here! I started watching at that point too. It's amazing how we felt torn despite James' character being a real ass isn't it? To date, it stands still as the best drama I've watched this year. :)
No I haven't watched Happy Times of the Year. Thanks for the recommendation! I'll save it for when I have long weekends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...