Drama crazed

Labels: | 0 comments»

I haven't been writing much of late as I've been watching dramas after dramas especially in the past couple of months. There's either an influx of good dramas of late, or I've become drama crazed. Well, a mixture of both. So just to share a little on what I've been watching.

Love You 醉後決定愛上你
This has been a great watch amongst all the titles I've seen of late, on top of the fact that it has one of my favorites Rainie Yang as the lead and the other lead being Joseph Chang whose charm I think few girls can resist. (But of course, their chemistry still doesn't beat my favourite on screen pairing Show vs Rainie!)
Usually I will start to get bored at a certain point in the drama, when the story gets predictive. However the director/script writer managed to keep these parts succinct, coupled with good acting, keeping the viewer's interest intact. I really liked the warm little things and thoughtfulness between Lin Xiaoru and Song Jiexiu that really touches the heart. So in all, the plot, the acting skills and strong cast put together, definitely turns the notch up from your typical Taiwanese idol drama.

Love Keeps Going 美乐加油
This came up as a random watch, but I found it interesting as a straightforward, casual and light-hearted drama and so I continued on. We see good chemistry between Cyndi and Mike, but besides that, I really didn't like the supporting cast which are mostly petty characters in the show. Nonetheless I managed to get past till today's episode 9 without complains, but something within me seems nagging that the next few episodes wouldn't be as good as they will start to get draggy.

Sunshine Angel 阳光天使
I caught 2 episodes of the China aired version and stopped after which. Not that I didn't enjoy the drama, but because I didn't find time to locate the other clips online to watch as I decided I could wait around for the Taiwan version to be aired which will start soon on TTV, 4 Aug. Not a bad first impression, and you get to hear Rainie speaking in Japanese as her role in the drama is a Chinese-Japanese girl who lives in Okinawa but has to leave for Taiwan to work for Wu Chun to pay off her parents' debt.

Mary Stayed Out All Night / Maerineun Oebakjoong / 매리는 외박중
I am not into Korean dramas but this title caught me by random. I started watching it online and the rest was history. I completed the drama in light speed, despite not knowing any of the cast, as it was that addictive. Plot wise, it wasn't too bad, but nothing really special too. It's about a mundane girl Maeri met an indie band singer Mookyul by accident; and later his help to fake a marriage in order to get herself out of an arranged marriage situation by her dad. There are many twist and turns in the story, but of course it's a good ending with the both of them really falling in love. *swoons* I think I'm quite a sucker for love stories.
Up till now, I'm still undecided whether it's the drama character or the suave and pretty male lead in the drama that made my heart wrench or melt at every plight. The fact that he's casted as the lead singer/guitarist in an indie band doesn't help in making him less sexy. So... I would presume it's the latter! Hah! The drama has very nice theme songs too.

Just some distractions to keep off updates on Show-Rainie bits - as there has been a few of late! I just felt like sharing tonight. :)

0 Responses to "Drama crazed" (Leave A Comment)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...